Call for Nominations
The National Pressure Injury Advisory Panel is currently seeking nominations for the 2021 Board of Directors. Terms are for three years.
The benefits to being on the NPIAP Board of Directors are many including a significant role in advancing your profession, access to the latest industry information, and the chance to exchange ideas and perspectives with other NPIAP leaders. NPIAP values and seeks diverse leadership as defined by race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, appearance, geographic location, professional level, etc.
Panel, S3I and Supporter members may nominate candidates for the Board of Directors. Current board members running for a second term and alumni members may self-nominate and therefore do not require a nominating letter.
Nominations from Panel, S3I or Supporter members must include a recommendation from a Panel member including the specific abilities and qualities for the person being nominated as they align with the NPIAP mission.
Nominees should secure all the following for submission prior to completing the nomination form:
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A completed NPIAP Conflict of Interest Form
- A letter:
- Accepting the nomination
- Agreeing to serve if elected
- Supporting the NPIAP mission
- Agreeing to the time commitment (The NPIAP Board of Directors usually meets two times per year face-to-face and once a month in the evenings by teleconference for the other months. Active board members generally average one to two days per month performing NPIAP activities. Officers invest one day per week or more.)
- Discussing the skills and strengths they would bring to supporting the NPIAP mission
Nominations should be submitted using the form below and must be received no later than April 30, 2020.
The Personnel Committee is particularly interested in candidates that meet the following criteria but welcome all nominations:
- Work in Post-acute settings - Home Care, Long Term Acute Care (LTAC), Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF), military/veteran facilities
- Diversity: Individuals of color, various ethnicities, culturally diverse
- Physical therapists, occupational therapists, physicians, dieticians and administrators/ healthcare executives.
- Are from the South and West.
- Have expertise in the care of: surgical patients in the OR, spinal cord injured individuals, bariatric, palliative, diverse populations, and malnourished individuals who are at risk or with a pressure injury are needed to support the Strategic Plan. Expertise in law, business, accounting and marketing are also valued attributes for future Board members.
We encourage and welcome all your nominations!
Joyce Pittman PhD, RN, ANP-BC, FNP-BC, CWOCN, FAAN
National Pressure Injury Advisory Panel (NPIAP)
Nomination period is now closed. Stay tuned for nomination results.