The Alumni Spotlight page features accomplishments of the members of the NPIAP Alumni Council.
SAWC Spring (May 7 - 11, 2019)
NPIAP was a proud sponsor of the Spring 2019 SAWC conference in San Antonio.
Former NPIAP president Laurie McNichol, MSN, RN, CSN, GNP, CWOCN, CWON-AP, FAAN, presented “Documenting and Tracing Healing.”
The following NPIAP Alumni also presented at SAWC:
- Dr. Diane Krasner
- Dr. Sal Salcido
- Dr. David Margolis
- Evonne Fowler
- Dr. Catherine Ratliff
- Dr. Gregory Schultz
- Sharon Baranoski
- Dr. Elizabeth Ayello
Congratulations to NPIAP Alumna Diane Krasner who received the John Boswick Memorial Award for Outstanding Lifetime Achievement in Wound Healing.
SAWC Fall (November 1 - 4, 2018)
- Alumni Barbara Bates-Jensen, PhD, RN, WOC Nurse, FAAN presented a lecture entitled “Hot Topics in Pressure Ulcers”
- Alumni Joyce Black, PhD, RN, CWCN, FAAN presented a lecture entitled, “Assessing and Managing Deep Tissue Injury”
- Alumni Greg Schultz , PhD presented a lecture entitled “Biofilm Blisters: What They Are, How They Work and How to Use Them”
- Alumni and SAWC Founder Evonne Fowler, RN, CWON copresented a lecture entitled “Surviving a Fistula: The Reality for the Patient and Care providers”
- Alumni Laurie McNichol, MSN, RN, CNS, GNP, CWOCN, CWON-AP, FAAN presented a lecture entitled “Moisture Associated Skin Damage”
- Alumni Greg Schultz, PhD copresented a two-part lecture entitled “Wound Scene Investigation 1” and “Wound Scene Investigation 2”.