The Alumni Spotlight page features accomplishments of the members of the NPIAP Alumni Council.
Alumni Tracey Yap, PhD, RN, WCC, CNE, FGSA, FAAN coauthored an article entitled “Evaluation
of the Nursing Culture Assessment Tool for Pressure Injury Prevention: A Mixed-methods Study”
in the December 2019 Issue of Wound Management & Prevention, Vol 65, Issue 12 p32-39
Alumni Dan Berlowitz, MD served on the Guideline Governance Group (GGG) for the soon-to-be released 2019 NPIAP/EPUAP/PPPIA Guideline for the Prevention and Treatment of Pressure
Ulcers/Injuries. Appointed in 2017, Dr. Berlowitz represented NPUAP Alumni well, serving
together with the NPUIP’s three other representatives on the 12-member GGG. We applaud his
scholarly work, dedication and continued service to the pressure injury community.
Alumni Elizabeth Ayello, PhD, RN, CWON, ETN, MAPWCA, FAAN presented to the MidAtlantic Region of the WOCN Society at their annual conference on the topic of “Medical Device Related Pressure Injuries and International Pressure Injury Prevention Measures” in Cincinnati, OH, September 27, 2019.
Alumni Barbara Pieper PhD, RN, ACNS-BC, CWOCN, FAAN is a recipient of the prestigious Fulbright Scholar Award. Beginning in January, she will take her decades of expertise to the University of the West Indies to develop wound care educational models in Trinidad and Tobago for 4 months. The US Fulbright Scholar program is the US Department of State’s flagship exchange, offering nearly 470 teaching and research opportunities in more than 125 countries.
Alumni Jeffrey Levine, MD, AGSF, CWS-P authored an article entitled “Can We Talk? Terminal Ulcer Terminology: A Critical Reappraisal” in The August Issue, Vol 65, Issue 8 of Wound Management & Prevention.
Alumni Laurie McNichol, MSN, RN, CNS, GNP, CWOCN, CWON-AP, FAAN presented to the SouthEast Region of the WOCN Society at their annual conference on the topic of “Peristomal Skin Assessment Guide (PSAG)”in Columbus, Georgia, on October 5, 2019.
SAWC Spring (May 7 - 11, 2019)
NPIAP was a proud sponsor of the Spring 2019 SAWC conference in San Antonio.
Former NPIAP president Laurie McNichol, MSN, RN, CSN, GNP, CWOCN, CWON-AP, FAAN, presented “Documenting and Tracing Healing.”
The following NPIAP Alumni also presented at SAWC:
- Dr. Diane Krasner
- Dr. Sal Salcido
- Dr. David Margolis
- Evonne Fowler
- Dr. Catherine Ratliff
- Dr. Gregory Schultz
- Sharon Baranoski
- Dr. Elizabeth Ayello
Congratulations to NPIAP Alumna Diane Krasner who received the John Boswick Memorial Award for Outstanding Lifetime Achievement in Wound Healing.
SAWC Fall (November 1 - 4, 2018)
- Alumni Barbara Bates-Jensen, PhD, RN, WOC Nurse, FAAN presented a lecture entitled “Hot Topics in Pressure Ulcers”
- Alumni Joyce Black, PhD, RN, CWCN, FAAN presented a lecture entitled, “Assessing and Managing Deep Tissue Injury”
- Alumni Greg Schultz , PhD presented a lecture entitled “Biofilm Blisters: What They Are, How They Work and How to Use Them”
- Alumni and SAWC Founder Evonne Fowler, RN, CWON copresented a lecture entitled “Surviving a Fistula: The Reality for the Patient and Care providers”
- Alumni Laurie McNichol, MSN, RN, CNS, GNP, CWOCN, CWON-AP, FAAN presented a lecture entitled “Moisture Associated Skin Damage”
- Alumni Greg Schultz, PhD copresented a two-part lecture entitled “Wound Scene Investigation 1” and “Wound Scene Investigation 2”.