The National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (NPUAP) provides interprofessional leadership to improve patient outcomes in pressure injury prevention and management through education, public policy and research.
Board of Directors: Consists of 15 voting directors, the Immediate Past President, and one non-voting member from each of the four Councils.
Councils: Collaborating Organization Council (COC), Corporate Advisory Council (CAC), Provider Organization Council (POC), and NPUAP Alumni Council (AC)
Panel: Consists of the Board of Directors and all Council members
- The NPUAP, EPUAP and Pan Pacific Pressure Injury Alliance (PPPIA) have worked in collaboration to develop a new pressure injury prevention and treatment clinical guideline. The intent of the collaboration is to advance international consensus in pressure ulcer prevention and management.
- Drafts for Stakeholder review are available from June 24 - August 1, 2019. Click here to sign up as a Stakeholder.
- NPUAP will host the 2019 International Guideline Launch on November 15 - 16, 2019. Click here to register.
- NPUAP Support Surface Standards Initiative (S3I) developed eight new standards which have been approved by the American National Standard Institute. Press release here.
- Treasurer and President of NPUAP provided testimony to the U.S. House of Representatives Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies. Press release here.
- NPUAP President and Alumni participate on a CMS Technical Expert Panel meeting in Baltimore on June 13, 2019, on Refinement of a Cross-Setting Pressure Ulcer / Injury Quality Measure for Post-Acute Care.
- Register here for the 2019 International Guideline Launch on November 15 - 16, 2019 in Los Angeles.
- Be sure to save the date for our 2020 Annual Conference in Houston, Texas. Click here for more information. Registration coming soon!
Public Policy Initiatives
- Response to Competitive Bidding for Seating and Group 2 Support Surfaces.
- White Paper on pressure injury recidivism completed in collaboration with WOCN and AMDA submitted for publication.
- Ongoing work with CMS and AHRQ through Special Interest Groups on:
- Coding & Present-on-Admission Status
- Unavoidable & End-of-Life Pressure Injuries
- Payment & Policy
- Ongoing responses to CMS "calls for public comment" on regulatory issues.
Other downloadable items:
- Differential Diagnosis of DTPI
- Staging Pressure Injuries in Darkly Pigmented Skin
- Call for Abstracts - 2020 NPUAP Annual Conference